Reality or Myths About Making Money Online
We are living in a world where the Internet has a far bigger role to play than just connecting people beyond geographical boundaries. Internet drives most businesses at present, whether we talk about internet email, work online presentations, business meetings through video conferencing or generating revenue through PPC campaigns and other internet marketing techniques. But there are many people out there who want to be successful entrepreneurs over the internet but there is some myth or the other that is stopping them from being successful.
Let us check at the 10 myths that have kept many people away from being successful entrepreneurs or from generating revenue on the internet:
Myth I: Not good enough
- There are many businessmen who feel that they are not smart enough or good enough to do online business and the truth is that although business over the internet might not be for everyone but it is not impossible.
Myth II: Not enough time
- Most of you are probably doing 80hrs a week and to add to it is the commuting time and the time you spend with your love ones. Most people would ask how can there be time left for an online business after this. If you are working 10 hrs a day and if you are commuting by train then you can always think and jot down your ideas while you're on travel. Spend about an hour every night before you hit the bed to browse through the internet and find the required information and the right sources that will help your business.
Myth III: Not enough money
- Although it may seem like a costly proposition on the outside but the truth is that the internet is not that expensive. Most website hosting companies are also offering cheap hosting services ranging from as less as a $1 a month. A simple website design using basic HTML will not cost you more than $100 and broadband is also available at low costs. Thus, you can set up an online marketing business within a budget of $150 with ease and start reaping the benefits from the first month itself.
Myth IV: Not an expert
- You don’t have to be an expert to start an a business online. You may need to be a construction engineer to build houses, but you don’t require any kind of educational qualification or work experience to be successful on the online business. What you need is an understanding of how the internet works and how you can take advantage of the internet to generate revenue.
Myth V: What should I sell?
- There are many who believe that they have nothing to sell at all on the internet but they are wrong. You don’t really have to start by selling a product or a service that you own. You can choose to sell some other companies product or service on a commission basis and then slowly grow from there.
Myth VI: Competition
- One of the worst excuses is that there are already a lot of players in this field and hence it is difficult to continue. The truth is that competition is everywhere but as long as you have the heart to succeed, you can overthrow any competition. Also, one important thing to note is that your loss will be someone else’s gain.
Myth VII: Making money
- Some people believe that the only people really making any money are the ones who tell others how to make money online. This is not true because although there are many people who advice people on how to make money but such people comprise of only 1% of the internet business.
Myth VIII: No Success
- There are some people who have met with failure but that is no reason for believing that they are not cut out for internet business. The reasons sometimes for failure are because of our own faults like not being able to capitalize on an opportunity or failing to recognize one or bad decision making.
Myth IX: Search Engine Ranking
- There are many who believe that there business can’t reach places without a search engine ranking. This is not true. Not all is on the number 1 page of Google but that doesn’t mean that they are not successful businesses.
Myth X: Advertising Budget
- You don't necessarily require an advertising budget to increase the visibility of your business online. You can find many different ways of doing it without even spending a dime like link building, web 2.0, rss directory and article submissions etc.
At the end, it is all about making a start!