Its sounds quite relaxing that you can receive the emails of another mail service in your default one. Yeah, you heard it right, now you don’t need to open the multiple application for checking of emails in different email services. You can merge both with forwarding features. For example, you have a Yahoo mail account and want to receive emails in the Gmail application, you can use the Yahoo email forwarding features to accomplish the task.
All you need to navigate through the simple process, once it done, all the messages that land at your Yahoo Mail account are automatically sent on to the Gmail. Also available in Yahoo Mail.
By using these features, you don’t need to open the Yahoo account for checking the new emails. (In case your default mail application is Gmail, almost everyone set it as default).
Having the new emails forwarded averts you from missing a significant message. Perhaps you’ll be voyaging and away from your PC for some time and need to get to the messages in another email provider’s application on a mobile phone. In such a case, these features seem very handy.
Forward Yahoo Mail to Gmail Account divided into two parts one is enabling the Yahoo account for forwarding and then forwarding Yahoo mails to Gmail.
Enabling the Yahoo account for forwarding
- Open your Yahoo email by login with the email address and password.
- Switch back to the old version of Yahoo, by following below steps:
- Tap Settings button placed on the upper-right corner of the screen, however, if you see a purple icon there it means you already using the older version of Yahoo.
- Tap on Switch to classic Mail from the menu located on the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Then, Tap on Switch back to Classic Mail.
- Now wait for the page to get refresh.
- Hit the “Settings” button and move to Accounts.
- Pick your Yahoo email address.
- Roll down to the “Access your Yahoo Mail elsewhere” headline.
- Check the “Forward” box.
- Roll down and type your Gmail email address.
- Now tap on Verify and Tap on Save.
- Now Confirm your Gmail address by performing the below steps.
- Open your Gmail inbox and sign in if compulsory.
- Tap on “Please verify your email address” in Yahoo .
- Tap on the link in the email.
- Login into Yahoo.
- Tap the blue button located in the middle of the page.
Receiving Forwarded Emails in Gmail
- Tap on the “Settings” icon.
- Now go to the Settings from the list.
- Then move to the Accounts and Import tab.
- Search for Add a mail account on the page.
- Now a window will open there, enter your Yahoo email address.
- After entering the email address tap on Next
- Then choose the Import emails from my other account (POP3) option and hit the Next button.
- Type your Yahoo email password in the box and tap on Add Account.
- Now you are done, close the pop-up window.
- You will now receive the Yahoo email in your Gmail account.